couchdb example wikis
in order to prepare my upcoming talk at scotland on rails 2009 i am implementing a simple wiki in all the available ruby frameworks for couchdb. i have created a bunch of cucumber scenarios that define the requird functionaility:
- create a page
- create another page by clicking on a camal case link
- update a page and still have access to the old version
- view a list of all pages
- view statistics about the overall word count in all pages
maybe later: (if i have the tim)
- tags for each page, a tag cloud – to demnstrate more map/reduce
- comments on each page to demonstrate associations
you can find my comments on each framework in the README of each application root directory.
running the apps
all of the apps (except couchapp) are rails 2.3.1 apps so you need rails. for the activerecord reference implementation you need mysql. for all the couchdb apps you need the latest couchdb from svn trunk. to run the cucumber features you need culerity (which in turn requires jruby).