KTE Replication Project
This repository contains the supporting materials for the following manuscript:
Phillips, J.*, Ong, D. C.*, Surtees, A. D. R., Xin, Y., Williams, S., Saxe, R., & Frank, M. C. (2015). A second look at automatic false belief representation: reconsidering Kovács, Téglás, and Endress (2010). Psychological Science, 26, 1353-1367.
* equal contribution
The pre-journal formatted manuscript is here: https://github.com/langcog/KTE/blob/master/reconsideringKTE2010_FINAL.pdf?raw=true
This repository is maintained by Desmond Ong. Questions, comments, requests for clarification or replication, etc, should be directed to desmond (dot) ong (at) stanford (dot) edu
The analysis code (in R) is in "full analysis all experiments.R". The code will read in the various datafiles ("studyX.csv") and perform the same analyses that we report in the paper, along with code to reproduce the graphs.
Anonymized data for each study is in "studyX.csv"
All the experiments used in all the studies are also included in the repo.
For the online experiments, it takes approximately 20-25 minutes to finish each experiment. If you do finish an experiment, you'll also see a mockup of the data that would've been collected, had it been running live. The complete experiments can be loaded using the following links:
- Study1a/1b: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study1a/index.html
- Study2a: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study2a/index.html
- Study3: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study3/index.html
- Study4: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study4/index.html
- Study5a: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study5a/index.html
- Study5b: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study5b/index.html
- Study6: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study6/index.html
- Study7: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study7/index.html
- Study8a: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study8a/index.html
- Study8b: http://rawgit.com/langcog/KTE/master/KTE_Study8b/index.html
The videos used in the experiments can be found in the relevant experiment folders, under videos (e.g. KTE_StudyX/videos).
We have included the videos used in the lab experiment (Studies 1c/2b), in the folder "Lab Stimuli". The experiment scripts (written in Matlab) are provided in "Lab Experiments/StudyXX".