The Recon-ng Framework
Recon-ng is a full-featured reconnaissance framework designed with the goal of providing a powerful environment to conduct open source web-based reconnaissance quickly and thoroughly.
Recon-ng is free software. However, large amounts of time and effort go into its continued development. If you are interested in financially supporting the project, you can view and assist in marketing the Pluralsight content, or send a donation to tjt1980[at]gmail.com via PayPal. Thank you.
Recon-ng is regarded as one of the top tools for open source reconnaissance and is featured in the following resources:
- Hey! What'd'ya know. Recon-ng has been written about.
- Yeah... I stopped maintaining this when it got out of hand. Just Google it.
- [2015-05-13] Recon-ng Update (v4.6.0)
- [2014-06-17] Department of Homeland Security - Weekly Analytics Synopsis Product (WASP)
- [2014-05-19] Tech Insight: Free Tools For Offensive Security
- [2014-05-16] Recon-ng Update (v4.0.0)
- [2014-01-20] Recon-ng Update (v3.3.3)
- [2014-01-16] 2013 Toolsmith Tool of the Year: Recon-ng
- [2013-12-19] ToolsWatch: 2013 Top Security Tools
- [2013-11-13] Recon-ng Update (v3.0.3)
- [2013-11-04] Look Ma, No Exploits! - The Recon-ng Framework - Upstate SC ISSA 2013
- [2013-09-28] Look Ma, No Exploits! - The Recon-ng Framework - DerbyCon 2013
- [2013-09-21] Look Ma, No Exploits! - The Recon-ng Framework - BSides Augusta 2013
- [2013-05-03] Toolsmith: Recon-ng
- [2013-01-23] The Recon-ng Framework - Official Release
- [2012-10-23] Next Generation Reconnaissance - DerbyCon 2012
- [2012-10-19] Next Generation Reconnaissance - Hack3rCon 2012