http://code.google.com/p/webduino/ by Ben CombeeProject originally forked from 1.4.1 of
This is an Arduino-based Web Server library, originally developed for a class at NYC Resistor. It's called Webduino, and it's an extensible web server library for the Arduino using the Wiznet-based Ethernet shields. It's released under the MIT license allowing all sorts of reuse.
I've got a few examples up right now -- the Buzz example interfaces with Zach's Danger Shield allowing you to remotely start and stop the speaker. We had a room full of students pinging my Arduino board on Saturday, buzzing me while I was lecturing. It was fun. The big Demo example shows how to setup an HTML form running on the device where you can read and write pins.
I hope to add a few more examples in the next few weeks, including a web-enabled fridge sign using a serial LCD and how to serve things other than just HTML text from the device. I also need to work on more documentation and finishing up my slides.
- URL parameter parsing
- Handle HTTP Methods, e.g. GET, POST
- Web Forms
- JSON/RESTful interface
- HTTP Basic Authentication
With Arduino 1.0, add the Webduino folder to the "libraries" folder of your sketchbook directory.
You can put the examples in your own sketchbook directory, or in hardware/libraries/webduino/examples, as you prefer.
If you get an error message when building the examples similar to "WebServer.h not found", it's a problem with where you put the Webduino folder. The server won't work if the header is directly in the libraries folder.
Compatible Ethernet Shields
These have all been tested with the library successfully:
- Freetronics Etherten
- Freetronics Ethernet Shield
- Arduino Ethernet Shield, both original and updated microSD version
- Adafruit Ethernet Shield w/ Wiznet 811MJ module
- NKC Electronics Ethernet Shield DIY Kit
1.6 released in Jan 2012
- added checkCredentials and httpUnauthorized methods as well as readHeader method for HTTP Basic Authentication; currently users will have to do the Base64 encoding outside of Webduino and I'm uncertain whether I ever want this inside the library or not...
- fixed the request parser: previously the command dispatcher would always pass true for tail_complete, even if the tail was incomplete
- fixed the command dispatcher: previously the default command could not have a tail, but the EPIC FAIL was returned
1.5 released in Dec 2011
- added a default favicon.ico based on the led.png from the Image example to save resources on Firefox trying to load this file on every request if it can't be loaded
- added keywords.txt for syntax highlighting in Arduino IDE
- bumped the version number up in response headers and compiler variables
- added version history to readme
- fixed default value for prefix
- fixed /index.html in Hello World example
releases between Jul 2011 and Dec 2011
- project forked on GitHub by Chris Lee
- JSON/RESTful interface
- header Access-Control-Allow-Origin added
- code split in .h and .cpp files
- Arduino 1.0 changes by Dave Falkenburg and others
- adding CRLF after extraHeaders
1.4.1 released in Nov 2009
- fix examples to use readPOSTparam method
1.4 released in Sep 2009
- bug fix for multple connections
1.3.1 released in Aug 2009
- major bug fix for 1.3 for posts where Content-Length is last header sent
1.3 released in Aug 2009
- mostly robustness fixes (beta)
1.2.1 released in Aug 2009
- fixed HelloWorld example
1.2 released in Jul 2009
- now with GET parameter handling