ewp is an Emacs package to post and edit posts and pages on blogging platforms like Wordpress.
- A newish version of Emacs, for instance Emacs 26 or newer, and the following three repositories:
To get started, put something like the following in your .emacs:
(push "~/src/ewp" load-path) (autoload 'ewp-blogs "ewp.el" "List Wordpress blogs" t) (setq ewp-blog-addresses '("blog.example.org" "other.blog.com"))
and then `M-x ewp-blogs' to start browsing.
There are five different modes made available by this package:
- RET: Select the blog under point.
- g: Regenerate based on `ewp-blog-addresses'
- RET: Browse the post/page under point with eww.
- e: Edit the blog post/page under point.
- n: Create a new post.
- N: Create a new page.
- p: Preview the draft under point in an external web browser.
- g: Rescan the list of blog posts/pages on this blog.
- M: List the media on this blog.
- C: List the comments on this blog.
- c: Make a comment.
: Load more posts.
- C-c C-a: Treat the contents of the kill ring as an URL and insert it as <a href="..."></a>
- C-c C-b: Yank the contents of a kill ring into <blockquote>.
- C-c C-c: Post your edits to the blog. This will update your Wordpress.
- C-c C-d: Download the image in the kill ring and insert it.
- C-c C-i: Insert an image into the buffer.
- C-c C-l: Remove one layer of HTML tagging.
- C-c C-m: Yank the current text/html markup from the X selection.
- C-c C-n: Extract the ... bit from the region.
- C-c C-o: Quote HTML entities in region.
- C-c C-p: Yank the current text/jpeg X selection.
- C-c C-q: Remove image thumbnails.
- C-c C-r: Prompt for an HTML tag and insert the pair around the region.
- C-c C-s: Import a screenshot.
- C-c C-t: Prompt for an HTML tag and insert a <tag></tag> pair.
- C-c C-u: Unfill a paragraph.
- C-c C-z: Schedule later posting.
- TAB: In the Categories header, provide category completion.
- RET: Look at the media item (i.e., image) under point
- SPACE: Toggle marking the item under point.
- n: Look at the image under point and goto next line
- w: Copy the image under point to the kill ring as an <img> construct
- u: Copy the URL under point to the kill ring.
- g: Rescan the media list.
: Load more media.
- g: Rescan.
- a: Approve the comment under point.
- h: Hold (unapprove) the comment under point.
- d: Delete (trash) the comment under point.
- u: Undelete a previously deleted comment.
- r: Reply to a comment.
- RET: Display the comment under point.
: Load more comments.
Commands in Dired buffers
- `M-x ewp-dired-copy-as-kill'
- `M-x ewp-dired-upload-media'