Partisan is a flexible, TCP-based membership system for Erlang/Elixir.
- Single node testing, facilitated by a disterl control channel for figuring out which ports the peer service is operating at.
- Messages are sent via TCP connections that are maintained to all cluster members.
- Failure detection is performed TCP.
- Connections are verified at each gossip round.
- Configurable fanout.
- On join, gossip is performed immediately, instead of having to wait for the next gossip round.
- HyParView implementation.
Partisan has many available peer service managers:
- Full membership with TCP-based failure detection:
- Client/server topology:
- HyParView, hybrid partial view membership protocol, with TCP-based failure detection:
- Static topology: