Please note: this project is outdated with the dependencies.
- Controll cheap 433MHz AC switches with arduino and web UI
- No computer needed as a mediator
- Multipurpose JSON REST interface
- Teach devices to arduino by pushing the remote controller buttons
- Remote controller actions are tracked by the arduino
- Settings saved to a SD card
Dummy test UI: http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ljlukkar/rcswitch
I used these ones:
This model has the last two bits of the 24 bit control message set as 0 or 1 to set the state of the switch. Some other models use only the last bit and wont work without changes to the code.
- Arduino Mega 2560 or a cheap clone
- Wiznet W5100 ethernet / SD card reader chield (cheap ones seem to have problems with resetting)
- 433MHz transmitter and receiver. 2$ shipped from ebay
- DS1307 real time clock. 2$ shipped from ebay