3D Slicer module for pedicle screw insertion training.
- Switch to Pedicle Screw Simulator module (in Training category)
- Click "Load sample spine CT" button to load a sample image or import from DICOM or other file formats (.nrrd, .mha, ...)
- Click-and-drag colored spheres in slice views or 3D view to define region that contains vertebrae to be treated
- Select starting vertebral level and number of treated vertebrae
- Mark insertion point of each screw on the corresponding vertebra surface
- Measure pedicle length and width to help screw size selection in a later step
For each insertion site:
- Select screw length and width and click "Load screw"
- Adjust vertical and horizontal angle and click "Insert screw"
Click "Grade screws" to get detailed analysis of bone contact: