Thanks for considering contributing to LaTeX3: feedback, fixes and ideas are all useful. Here, we (The LaTeX Project) have collected together a few pointers to help things along.
Please log bugs using the issues system on GitHub. Handy information that you might include, depending on the nature of the issue, includes
- Your version of
- Your TeX system details (for example 'TeX Live 2017')
- Which engine(s) you are using (e.g. pdfTeX)
- Any additional packages that are needed to see the issue (noting that of course we can only help with bugs in our own code)
Feature requests are welcome: log them in the same way as bugs, explaining the motivation for the change.
If you want to discuss a possible contribution before (or instead of) making a pull request, drop a line to the team.
There are a few things you may need to bear in mind
l3kernelis 'broadly' stable so any changes there are best raised first by mailing the team
- New functions normally get added via
l3candidatesor (for new modules)
If you are submitting a pull request, notice that
- The first line of commit messages should be a short summary (up to about 50 chars); leave a blank line then give more detail if required
- We use Travis-CI for (light) testing so add
[ci skip]to documentation-only commit messages
- We favour a single linear history so will rebase accepted pull requests
- Where a commit fixes or closes an issue, please include this information
in the first line of the commit message [
(fixes #X)or similar]