You can see obtvse2 in action on my Chicago Technology and Analytics Blog
A clean and simple markdown blogging platform on Rails.
Obtvse 2 was rewritten entirely with a focus on being more user friendly, quicker, modern, and customizable.
- Two new themes
- Easy addition of new themes and color schemes
- Built in user system with sorcery
- Support for Typekit fonts
- New interface
- Live filter posts
- Post stats
- Split screen preview markdown that follows scroll position
- Full keyboard shortcut support
- Slim templating
- Kramdown for markdown
- Coderay for syntax highlighting
- Bugfixes all over (still needs many more!)
Obtvse 2 is compatable with obtvse's original database structure and migrations. Migration is as easy as cloning this repo, pointing to your old database and running migrations.
Obtvse needs post history saving so you can mark versions of a post. This would also allow for editing live posts without them updating live.
cd ~/Sites git clone git://github.com/natew/obtvse2.git cd obtvse2 bundle install rake db:migrate
config/info.yml to fill in your personal and site information.
Start the local server:
bundle exec rails s
Installing on Heroku? You may need to run the following after you've updated to the latest Rails 4 version.
heroku config:set PATH=bin:vendor/bundle/ruby/2.0.0/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin