Metadata Editor (module for Omeka S)
Metadata Editor is a module for Omeka S which allows bulk editing of item metadata. This module provides functionality similar to the Omeka Classic plugin Bulk Metadata Editor.
See general end user documentation for Installing a module.
Use it at your own risk.
It’s always recommended to backup your files and your databases and to check your archives regularly so you can roll back if needed.
This module is adapted from the Omeka Classic plugin Bulk Metadata Editor but is not affiliated with that plugin. There are some differences in functionality, due to differences between Omeka S and Omeka Classic. This module only edits literal or text property values. Properties with URI or Omeka resources instead of text values will not be edited.
The following metadata edits are supported:
- Search and replace text (replace a search phrase with different text for all of the selected items)
- Search and replace text with PHP regular expression (no replacement happens if the regular expression is invalid)
- Prepend text to existing metadata in the selected properties
- Append text to existing metadata in the selected properties
- Use delimiter to separate elements into multiple properties
- Deduplicate and remove empty fields in the selected properties
Edits are only applied to the selected item sets and properties.
See online issues on the Omeka forum and the [module issues] page on GitHub.
This plugin is published under GNU/GPL v3.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
- Laura Eiford
- Copyright Laura Eiford, 2019