#README ##Thesis project: Making data accesible: An overview of interac-tive data visualization using D3.js as applied to scientific datasets
Hi there, this is my graduation bachelor thesis project for Metropolia University of Applied Sciences in Media Engineering. The one page application written in D3js, jQuery, Bootstrap is an experiment with visualising data and making it interactive.
##Phases ######While i'm working i go through phases to help myself realise what i did before and where i'm trying to go. Up until phase 3 can be found in the /phases folder. Otherwise the working pattern has been as follows:
- Phase one: trying to get data to show up and researching data
- Phase two: Plotting a graph with relevant data
- Phase three: getting multiple datasets into the graph
- Phase four: animating the data according to clicks
- Phase five: styling to make an impression and adding information
- Phase six: Putting everything together and finishing touches
##Running the code ######Follow these instructions if you plan on running the code:
- Clone the repository onto your own computer
- In your terminal navigate to the project folder
- Run "python -m SimpleHTTPServer"
- View the project in localhost:8000
The MIT License
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.