Note: If you're interested in working to create a draft specification for parking data, follow this repository
- Procure public data releases via the City's Open Data program to support analysis of relevant regulations.
- Build web application to present all layers of geospatial data related to on-street and city-owned off-street parking in Philadelphia County. Native applications may be on the roadmap at some point, but the first priority is being accessible to the largest number of users.
- Using Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and analytics-reporter, collect and aggregate anonymous usage data via custom events. Data is made publicly available in an s3 bucket, refreshed daily with lookback of 30 days (for now), and rendered atop a second map view for simple analysis.
- Residential Permit Parking Blocks
- Residential Permit Districts (manually created)
- Partial (Center City) Meter Coordinates (manually plotted)
- Metered Automobile Parking
- Metered Motorcyle/Scooter Corrals (manually plotted)
- City Owned/Managed Off-Street Lots/Garages (manually plotted)
- Valet Parking Locations
- Snow Emergency Routes
- Handicapped Spaces
- Balance of Meter Coordinates
- Updated RPP Blocks from data generated 3/22/16
Choosing layers to include
- does the layer contain data that affects when a motorized vehicle may be parked on a public street or in a city-owned, off-street lot/garage? That's it.