komputer maschine is a shell script that gets your machine ready for development.
This script can be ran once or as many times as you'd like. It installs everything that macOS needs to get to work.
- A komputer maschine
- macOS (>10.14)
curl --remote-name https://raw.githubusercontent.com/laurendorman/komputer-maschine/master/macos sh macos 2>&1 | tee ~/komputer-maschine.log
What You Get
- XCode Command Line Tools for developer essentials.
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries.
- git for version control.
- vim for a text editor within the console.
- tmux for saving project state and switching between projects.
- zsh as your shell.
Programming languages and configuration:
- Python for programming in Python.
- Go for programming in Go.
- 1Password for securely managing passwords.
- Alfred for increased productivity and efficiency with macOS.
- Caffeine to keep your Mac awake.
- Docker for buliding, shipping and running applications.
- Dropbox for storing and sharing files stored in the cloud.
- Figma for editing and viewing designs.
- Firefox for browsing the web and testing.
- Google Chrome for browsing the web and testing.
- iTerm2 for an enhanced terminal experience.
- Loom for capturing and sharing screen recordings.
- Notion for documentation, notes and task management.
- Slack for more team communication and less email.
- Spotify for music.
- The Unarchiver for extracting archives that are not supported by macOS out of the box.
- Visual Studio Code as an IDE.
- Zoom for video calls and meetings.
The log of your script, successful or not, will be saved to
Read through it to see if you can debug the issue yourself. If not, report where the script failed into a new GitHub Issue.
Cask does not recognize applications installed outside of Homebrew Cask – in the case that the script fails, you can either remove the application from the install list or uninstall the application causing the failure and try again.
komputer maschine is © 2016-Present by Lauren Dorman and is protected under the MIT License.