The Therapy Calculator
Hey there! This is a project that attempts to de-mystify how much it costs to see a therapist for a year. Major topics covered include:
- Whether you may qualify for a sliding scale fee based on your income
- Whether any health insurance you may have is helpful
- Whether you can take advantage of any tax deductions
The calculator walks you through each topic, and based on your selections it tries to determine:
- How much you'll pay over the course of a year
- How much each session costs averaged over that year
- Form elements, submissions and validations use Zurb's Foundation 6 library
- There's a progress bar based on NProgress and onScreen
- CSS uses Sass
How to contribute
Check my math and make sure I'm not doing anything goofy! Also, here's a list of issues I'd still like to work on:
- Add the ability to change how often you see your therapist
- What happens if someone's insurance covers costs completely? Does this ever happen?
- What happens if someone has an MSA?
- What happens if someone has Medicare or Medicaid?
- What happens if someone has a yearly out-of-pocket limit?
Different tax calculations based on whether you're the head of household or filing jointlyDONE
- Add an option to fill it out with sample numbers
Other ideas welcome!
This project is licensed under GNU GPLv3.