This repository holds code for robots that balance on two wheels, made with various robotics platforms.
Currently available platforms
LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 (ev3dev/Python):
- Building instructions
- Add a Touch Sensor to Port 1. I added it just like the Gyro, but on the other side of the brick. This will be the program's safe stop button.
- Run the program like any other ev3dev Python program
- Transfer and segway.py and parameters.py to your EV3, and put them in the same directory.
- To turn them into executable scripts, run:
- chmod +x segway.py
- Now you can run the program: ./segway.py
- Or, use the VS Code IDE for convenience.
- Wait for the program to start (up to 10 seconds)
- Hold segway up right with its resting wheels on the ground and press the Touch Sensor
- Press the Touch Sensor again to stop. Then again to restart, if you like.
LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 (standard EV3 software)
- See this page for instructions, videos, and the code
VEX IQ (RobotC):