Git Diff Margin displays live Git changes of the currently edited file on Visual Studio margin and scroll bar.
- Supports Visual Studio 2012 through Visual Studio 2017
- Quickly view all current file changes on
- Left margin
- Scroll Bars in map and bar mode with and without source overview
- blue rectangle for modifications
- green rectangles for new lines
- red triangles for deletions
- all colors configurable through Visual Studio Fonts and Colors options
- Undo the change
- Copy the old code into the clipboard
- Copy a part of the old code by selecting it in the popup
- Show the diff in Visual Studio Diff window
- Navigate to previous/next change on the file using user defined keyboard shortcuts or the popup icons
- Support Visual Studio 2013 Dark, Light and Blue Theme
- Support zoom
Git Diff Margin version 3.2.2 is the latest release supporting Visual Studio 2010 it uses LibGit2Sharp v0.23.1 and is not being maintained. You can download it here.
Grab it from inside of Visual Studio's Extension Manager, or via the Extension Gallery link
You might see a little video on the following page.