ext3viewer is a low-level ext3 explorer. It lets you study all the ext3 structures and prints them in a more user-friendly form.
First get the latest code from the git repository:
git clone http://github.com/laurentsebag/ext3viewer
Then build the project with the following command:
cd ext3Viewer; make
Then install ext3Viewer and gext3Viewer with:
sudo make install
ext3Viewer is the console program, and gext3Viewer is the graphical interface.
ext3Viewer filesystem -stats to get the superblock information.
ext3Viewer -help will give you a short list of the available options.
More details in the man page: man 1 ext3Viewer
gext3viewer without arguments.
Current directory is the ext3viewer folder:
- ./ : contains makefile, README, INSTALL files, test filesystem image, and executable if compiled but not installed.
- ./man/ : contains manpages.
- ./src/ : contains source code and internal makefile for the console mode.
- ./src/gui : contains source code, images, and internal makefile for the graphical mode.
Libraries and versions needed
This project requires and is known to work with:
- GTK+ developement headers (at least version 2.0) and library (at least version 2.6)