Most of these libraries suggest to load them in async.
- Google Analytics
- Google Maps
- Google Plus
- Facebook Like
- Twitter button
Problems with existing solution
- A lot of ugly script tag with semi-minified code.
- Most of the library suggest the same trick so we see code duplication.
- You have to go copy-paste the code each time you start a new project.
- If you have multiple libraries, they will all fire at the same time, possibly causing a stress on the browser
- While the libraries are loading (usually with a lot of dependencies) the browser is sluggish and users probably want to read that article before clicking on 'Like'.
- Load each library with a function taking an
- Allow each library to have a different delay.
- You may want Google Maps to load only 200ms after the page, but the Facebook Like can wait a bit more.
composer.phar install # autoloader php build.php twitter facebook > /path/to/you/project/js/async-libs.js
And add a
<script/> tag just before the closing tag of
Alternatively, you can copy paste the code in a
- Add more libraries (only Twitter and Facebook at the moment).
- Add configuration files
- Facebook locale / xfbml
- Google Maps sensors / api key