- Predatory Loan Prevention/Consumer Protection: Develop a website with the Harvard Legal Services Center that helps scam victims of for-profit Corinthian Colleges determine whether and how they qualify for a settlement.
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Sealing: Develop an app that helps criminal offenders and their lawyers in Massachusetts more easily navigate the process of sealing their criminal record, which can dramatically affect employment and educational opportunities.
- Intake Project: Work with the Mental Health Legal Aid Committee (MHLAC) to develop more efficient ways to schedule appointments and reminders with MHLAC’s clients, who are facing both legal issues and mental health concerns.
- U Visa: Develop a system that allows Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) to more efficiently manage the collection of affidavits from Spanish-speaking immigrants, including undocumented immigrants, who are domestic violence victims. These affidavits form part of an application for a U Visa, which gives victims the right to live and work in the U.S.
- Legal Calculators for Public Defenders and Clients: Work with the Massachusetts Committee for Public Counsel Services (CPCS) to develop a tool that helps public defenders and their accused clients better understand the consequences of different convictions.
The final presentations for the class are on Friday, January 23, 3PM in the MIT Stata Center, Room 32-D463.
More information about the course is in our wiki.