Boilerplate React App
This is a boilerplate project for React, based on this scotch.io tutorial.
Great for beginners or developers who want to start off with bare minimum environment to get a React project up and running. This project is primarily for myself to quick-start with React projects, but perhaps it could prove useful for other developers too :)
Minimum Project Contents:
- webpack - used for splitting, transforming and bundling resource files.
- webpack-dev-server - for serving the development files, and hot-loading webpage upon code updates.
- html-webpack-plugin - injects script and stylesheet tags into the html.
- NodeJS - for hosting a server and using the NPM (Node Package Manager)
- Yarn - an enhanced version of npm
- Visual Studio Code - Cross-platform, lightweight IDE. Has great plugins that make development painless.
- Sublime Text - Cross-platform, lightweight IDE. UI is less appealing, but performance is faster than VS Code.
- Cmder - (Windows) Portable CLI. I use it solely for the coloured UI and multiple-tab feature.
Quick Usage Notes
npm install- Run this once to update/install all node modules required for the project.
npm run <command>
- Refer to
package.jsonto add/modify commands in the
npm run start- Starts development server on (default) localhost:8080
npm run build- Builds and generates a production
- Refer to
As this repo may potentially grow with additional code that makes it less boilerplate-y, check the "Releases" tab for older versions.