Interfacetable_v3t (formerly check_interface_table_v3t) is a Nagios(R) addon that allows you to monitor the network interfaces of a node (e.g. router, switch, server) without knowing each interface in detail. Only the hostname (or ip address) and the snmp community string are required. It generates a html page gathering some info on the monitored node and a table of all interfaces/ports and their status.
Interfacetable_v3t (or check_interface_table_v3t.pl, which is the name of the plugin script) comes from:
check_interface_table.pl: plugin released by ITdesign Software Projects & Consulting. this is the first version of the plugin, extracted from the commercial suite proposed by ITdesign.
check_interface_table_v2.pl: plugin released by NETWAYS GmbH, it adds the performance data related to bandwidth usage.
This new version, called
Interfacetable_v3t, provides some enhancements:
- externalization of the html page design in css stylesheets and js files
- extended interface inclusion/exclusion system
- full documentation
- code review and cleaned, following the nagios plugin development guidelines
- snmp v2c/v3 and 64bits counters support
- error/discard packet tracking, duplex status tracking
- and much more ! (see changelogs)
See the TODO file for coming features.
Support the check of the following node types: Brocade fiberchannel switches, Cisco routers and switches, Linux hosts, Windows hosts, Solaris hosts, Netapp filers
Complete documentation: html | pdf