#Welcome VimRepress is a plugin for managing wordpress blog from Vim, using Markdown syntax.
- NEW/EDIT/DELETE wordpress Posts/Pages.
- In both Markdown / HTML format.
- Markdown text stored in the custom fields of wordpress.
- Upload attachments.
- Insert code highlight section.
- Preview a posts in local compiled version, or remote draft.
- wordpress.com account supported.
- Multiple account supported.
- BlogList [post|page]
- BlogNew [post|page]
- BlogSave [publish|draft]
- BlogPreview [local|publish|draft]
- BlogUpload *[path/to/your/local/file]
- BlogOpen *[post id or full article URL]
- BlogSwitch [0,1,2 ... N, number of account in your config]
- BlogCode [type of lang for the <pre> element]
(Commands with a
*, argument must be present.)
~/.vimpressrc in the following format:
[Blog0] blog_url = http://a-blog.com/ username = admin password = 123456 [BlogWhatEver] blog_url = https://someone.wordpress.com/ username = someone password =
Hardcoding the password is optional. If a password is not provided the plugin will prompt for one the first time it's needed.
###For Upgraded Users
Defining account info in
.vimrc is now obsolesced, if you have correspond defination in
.vimrc (for older version vimpress), they will automaticly copied into
~/.vimpressrc, now you're safe to remove the VIMPRESS defination in
Users from the 2.x.x versions of vimrepress, need to run the
markdown_posts_upgrade.py to upgrade the their posts data to be compatible with the 3.x.x version of vimrepress, or their Markdown source can not be used to re-edit by a newer vimrepress.