Cookiecutter Template for Django project.
Using Two-Scoops of Django and pydanny/cookiecutter-django as reference for project structure
- Django 1.5.5
- Twitter Bootstrap 3.0.2
- Font Awesome 4.0.3
You need to have cookiecutter. If you don't have it:
$ (sudo) pip install cookiecutter
Now run this:
$ cookiecutter https://github.com/lborgav/cookiecutter-django.git
You'll be prompted for some questions, answer them, then it will create a Django project for you based in this cookiecutter structure with its own future repository folder enclosing it.
You can do:
- Create the virtualenv for this project using virtualenvwrapper
- Install django and other packages for this project in the virtualenv that you've just created, using pip and the requirements folder
- Init a git project in repo folder
- Create, sync and migrate the databases
- Run the project to check it working
- and ...
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :D