This release focuses on reducing the RAM used by the claim trie data structure. Details on the approach are found here: https://lbry.com/news/claim-trie-memory-reduction .
This release builds on the effort to rebase lbrycrd on bitcoin 0.17. We've previously published an initial build of that with detailed notes here: https://github.com/lbryio/lbrycrd/releases/tag/v0.17.1.0 . Some of those changes are included in the list below.
- RPC methods now return UTF-8 data. Claim names that cannot be represented in UTF-8 will utilize standard JSON escape sequences. Claim values (aka, metadata) are returned as hexadecimal strings. They will not utilize escape characters as they have in the past.
- RPC method getclaimsintrie is now deprecated and getclaimtrie is removed. Use getnamesintrie instead.
- There is a one-time upgrade of the existing data when running this build. Copy your ~/.lbrycrd/ folder first should you need to go back.
- Those using Yiimp or other traditional miners will need to run the daemon with
- Everything that was added to bitcoin after 0.12 through 0.17! See bitcoin.org/en/version-history . This includes the removal of built-in CPU mining.
- Reproducible_build.sh is now build.sh, and utilizes the "depends" build system.
- An issue where names with overlapping characters would match each other was repaired (Kenya vs Kenyavshak).
- getblocktemplate now supports coinbasetxn for local solo mining.
- These issues were fixed: #158, #108, #138, #106, #256, #261, #282, #246, #277, #133
- The recent pre-release contains an issue where the validation hash may not match the mined hash. This was repaired in this build.