Wall-E is a modern Jekyll template with a magazine-like grid layout on the frontpage, beautiful typography and uncomplicated content.
- Mobile responsive, built with Semantic UI, customization is easy
- Disqus is integrated by default
- One column layout suitable for personal blogs with focus on content
- Beautiful typography (uses League Gothic and Open Sans)
- Feature image can be added to homescreen post cards
- Search box links to Google search by default
Wall-E is fully furnished right out of the box. To use this template on your blog
- If this is your first Jekyll blog, follow this helpful guide to set up Jekyll.
- Fork this repository, rename the fork as
your-username.github.io. Your blog should immediately be live on
- Clone your fork
- Delete everything in
_postsdirectory. Delete the
_config.ymland set the variables
jekyll serveand your blog should be live on
http://localhost:4000. Make changes, test them locally, commit your changes and push to your fork. Your changes should be live in a couple of seconds
_includes/author.html: Add your name, link to a profile picture and a short author description that appears on the bottom of each post. See Semantic Link docs.
_includes/card.html: Cards can be customized to show the essential info about a post (feature image, catagory, tags, comment count etc). See Semantic Card docs.
_includes/header.html: Replace the site logo here. Add/replace frequently visited pages and/or social links here.
_includes/footer.html: Add your copyrights, if any, here. Also link to the less frequently visited pages and/or social links here.
assets/css/mobile.css: Global and mobile specific CSS files respectively
Sample post (Portrait)
- Ghost blogging platform's demo page for inspiration (and the header background image).
- For the Wall-E image used everywhere
- Semantic UI
Open sourced under the MIT license <3