Awesome WM Copycats
Themes for Awesome WM 4.x
A set of themes for the Awesome window manager, version 4.x.
See branches for previous versions.
The main purpose of this repository is to spread ready to use configurations, which can also serve as a cookbook for customisation.
A secondary aim is to add new themes only when they constitute different UI/UX designs.
- Autohide widgets
- Autostart windowless processes
- Fast MPD and volume shortcuts (first time this trick has been used in Awesome)
- Shortcuts for copying to the clipboard, toggle wiboxes, widgets popups, screenshots capture, moving and magnifying clients
- Quake drop-down terminal
- Calendar with current day highlighted and months switch with a click/scroll
- Notifications for new mails, current song, volume level, hdd critical state, low battery
- OpenWeatherMap integration
- Net carrier status notifier
- Symbolic tag names
- DWM-like textual layoutbox
- Cairo wibar
- Custom layouts
- No borders when there's only one visible client
- Freedesktop.org compliant menu and desktop icons
- Vi-like client focus
- Non-empty tag browsing
- On-the-fly useless gaps resize
- Dynamic tagging
Multicolor, inspired by lucamanni
Powerarrow, porting of romockee's
Steamburn, porting of ok100's dwm
Holo, requested by amouly
Copland, inspired by foozer
Vertex, requested by swordfischer
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/lcpz/awesome-copycats.git $ mv -bv awesome-copycats/* ~/.config/awesome; rm -rf awesome-copycats
The modular structure allows to
- set variables
- define startup processes
- change keybindings and layouts
- set client properties
- configure widgets
- define wiboxes and screen settings
theme.lua, so that you just need to change
chosen_theme variable in
rc.lua to preserve your preferences and switch the theme, instead of having file redundancy.
Just do the following:
$ cd ~/.config/awesome $ cp rc.lua.template rc.lua
Then, set the variable
rc.lua to your preferred theme, do your settings, and restart Awesome (
Mod4 + ctrl + r).
To customize a theme, head over to
Otherwise, if you want to be synced with upstream, modify
theme_path variable in
rc.lua like this:
-local theme_path = string.format("%s/.config/awesome/themes/%s/theme.lua", os.getenv("HOME"), chosen_theme) +local theme_path = string.format("%s/.config/awesome/themes/%s/theme-personal.lua", os.getenv("HOME"), chosen_theme)
theme-personal.lua and do your customizations there.
This way, you can safely
git pull anytime.
Every theme has a colorscheme.
Additional default software used:
unclutter firefox scrot mpd mpc dmenu xsel slock