LEAD-DBS is NOT intended for clinical use!
LEAD-DBS is a MATLAB-toolbox facilitating the:
- reconstruction of deep-brain-stimulation (DBS) electrodes in the human brain on basis of postoperative MRI and/or CT imaging
- the visualization of localization results in 2D/3D
- a group-analysis of DBS-electrode placement results and their effects on clinical results
- simulation of DBS stimulations (calculation of volume of activated tissue – VAT)
- diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) based connectivity estimates and fiber-tracking from the VAT to other brain regions (connectomic surgery)
LEAD-DBS builds on SPM8/12, especially regarding warping and segmentation procedures.
Usually, Lead-DBS can be downloaded from our website (www.lead-dbs.org) in fully functional form. Alternatively, especially in case you wish to modify and contribute to Lead-DBS, you can
- Clone the Lead-DBS repository from here.
- Download the necessary datafiles using this link and unzip the downloaded folder into the cloned git repository.
- We’d love to implement your improvements into Lead-DBS – please contact us for direct push access to Github or feel free to add pull-requests to the Lead-DBS repository.