Configuration of Raspberry Pi for KA Lite
Scripts and notes for setting up a KA Lite server on a Raspberry Pi in Access Point mode
These instructions assume that you've already installed KA Lite on your Pi.
- SSH into your pi, and install git:
sudo apt-get install git
- Clone this repository from inside your pi's home directory, with:
git clone https://github.com/learningequality/ka-lite-pi-scripts.git
- Change to the
./configure.shto install the required libraries (hostapd & dnsmasq) and perform the basic configuration.
- If you're using an Edimax EW-7811Un (or other RTL8188CUS-based) wifi dongle, run:
- If you're using a Wi-Pi wifi dongle, run:
- Now, when you reboot, KA Lite should be accessible via a wifi hotspot named "kalite". You should be able to load KA Lite via pretty much any URL in the address bar, but http://18.104.22.168:8008 should work if nothing else does.