This project is a continuation of the project by Sergi Abadal. Any questions about the original code should be submitted to him. I made the following changes to simulate different security aspects of the WiNoC. These include:
- adding delay for both the sender encrypting the message and the receiver decrypting the message.
- modifying the backoff delay of a node that attempts to gain more access to the network.
- duplicating messages inside of a node to replicate a node that is busy with more traffic to send or attempting to flood the network.
- created new MACAW protocol so that nodes learn the average number of backoffs to improve the backoff latency in the network.
##The following files have been altered: All line locations are approximate
- Lines 68 - 197 Added variables for both collisions by node and discarded packets by node (Currently packets are only discarded if the queue is full at the node)
- Lines 199 - 262 Added variables for the backoff time of the messages before able to send
- Lines 264 - 327 Added variable to track the average time that a packet spends in the queue before it becomes head of the line
- Line 53 Creates global variable for total_backoff
- Lines 48 - 307 Added statistics for tracking collisions, discarded, backoff time, and queue time for packets by node
- Line 335, 1201, & 685 Commented out nRetries @ 335 and 682, instead added to 684 to prevent backoff from reseting too often
- Line 360 & 438 Changed from retries < 2 to retries < 2000 to prevent the node from attempting to send the message over the wired backbone
- Lines 927 - 1119 Track the collisions by node
- Line 1186 Changed MACqueue.size() > 1 to 1000 to test a node with many messages to send
- Lines 1214 - 1406 Track nodes that discard messages when the queue is full
- Lines 1427 - 1429 Checks to see if there is an unhealthy node(s) [idnum == ? ] and then sets the random backoff to a smaller number [clockPeriod]
- Line 45 & 1430 Sets total_backoff to 0 and then tracks culmulative backoff time at line 1430.
- Lines 729 - 921 Tracks the total backoff time of a message before it successfully sends then resets total_backoff
- Lines 491 = 682 Track total queue time before a packet becomes head of line
- Line 17 Set numofNodesX to 8 for 8x8 mesh
- Line 30 Set bcast percentage to 100% so that the network only uses the wireless
- Lines 58 - 76 Set parameters for the Broadcast CBUF network to include saturation throughputs for different network bandwidths at 1GHz, 100% short messages, and change to appParam9
- Lines 201 - 210 Small changes to the parameters for the Broadcast CSMA hybrid
- Lines 219 -220 Line 220 is the orginal naming convention for the statistics files. Changed to line 219 for brevity in these experiments.
- Lines 331 - 367 Creates a different run that will run the MACAW protocol in the simulator
- Line 6 Changed processor frequency to 1GHz
- Lines 84 - 211 Added variables for number of messages sent (SO_num_messages_XX) and broadcast latency (SO_latency_bcast_XX) by node (0 - 63)
- Lines 242 - 370 Create the statistics to log the number of messages sent and the broadcast latency by node (0 - 63)
- Lines 662 - 924 Tracks the latency and number of packets sent by a node by checking the destination address against the receiving node. If true, checks the source address and records appropriate statistic. (Only nodes 0-63)
- Line 128 Declare a double for encryption delay
- Line 130 Declare a double for the delay of sending the token to the next node
- Lines 61 - 62 These variables allow for changing the encryption delay (at both sender and receiver) and the delay for passing a token (at the sender) without going further in the code
- Lines 246 - 274 Allows for the manipulation of the number of messages sent by particular nodes. Adds X messages to the queue of the node(s) and sets the creation time of messages to the current time to prevent issues with the message latency
- Line 514 Send the message to the MAC module with the delay for passing the token and encryption delay
- Line 610 Sends the message to the processor with the encryption delay
- Lines 47 - 55 Moved stats for the malicious tests to the top of the results
- Lines 133 - 135 Created a MMA statistic to collect the queue time and backoff times
- Entire file ned file for new MACAW protocol
- Entire file C++ file for new MACAW protocol
- Entire file header file for new MACAW protocol
- Line 112 Added line for BOcounter to be included in the message to create MACAW protocol