Touch ID Plugin for Apache Cordova
Cordova Plugin to leverage the iOS local authentication framework to allow in-app user authentication using Touch ID.
Important: You must target a real device when building. If you target the simulator, the build will fail.
Latest published version on npm (with Cordova CLI >= 5.0.0)
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-touchid
Latest version from GitHub
cordova plugin add https://github.com/leecrossley/cordova-plugin-touchid.git
Ensure you use the plugin after your deviceready event has been fired.
Pass the following arguments to the
authenticate() function, to prompt the user to authenticate via TouchID:
- Success callback (called on successful authentication)
- Failure callback (called on error or if authentication fails)
- Localised text explaining why the app needs authentication*
touchid.authenticate(successCallback, failureCallback, text);
*NOTE: The localised text you present to the user should provide a clear reason for why you are requesting they authenticate themselves, and what action you will be taking based on that authentication.
authenticate() function will return an error if the user is unable to authenticate via Touch ID, you may wish to check support without prompting the user to authenticate. This can be done by passing following arguments to the
- Success callback (called if authentication is possible)
- Not supported callback (called if policy can not be evaluated, with error message)