Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
- Titles and navigation links should only capitalise first letter, not every word.
- URLs should use hyphens, not underscores.
- Don't commit additional whitespace
- Use ruby 1.9.2 hash syntax wherever possible
- Models should have:
- All associations at the top
- Then any scopes
- Then validations
- Then code
- Only test the "happy path" behaviour, not exceptional behaviour.
- Only describe things that should happen, not things that shouldn't.
- Prefer large descriptive steps to small reusable ones. DRY can be achieved at the Ruby level.
- Prefer steps written at a high level of abstraction.
- Write steps to be independent, not relying on the user being on a certain page.
- Avoid testing negatives; these are better tested in functional/unit tests.
- Avoid testing incidental behaviour (e.g. flash messages); these are better tested in functional/unit tests.
- Never call a cucumber step from within another one; extract the behaviour into a method which can be called from both.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.