Contributing Code to openBVE
Please Note: This file is a work in progress, and is intended to serve as a general set of guidelines, not hard and fast rules!
Code Style Guidelines
- Please use Unix (CR LF) line terminators.
- Please use tabs, not spaces for indentation for all new code.
- When only changing documentation, include
[ci skip]in the commit description
The basic licence for openBVE is Public Domain. Please only contribute code which is licenced under either Public Domain, or loose permissive licences (e.g. BSD-2 and compatible)
- Unless not possible (e.g. Plugin interface changes) , backwards compatibility with versions of openBVE below 1.5.0 should be maintained. An error message is fine, but a program crash is not!
- When adding a completely new routefile feature, it is generally preferable to add a new command, rather than extending an existing, as this may be misinterpreted by older versions.
List of Contributors
- Anthony Bowden
- Paul Sladen
OpenTK Port and Continuing Development:
- Christopher Lees
- Jakub Vanek
- Maurizo M. Gavioli
- Connor Fitzgerald
- Marc Riera