Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- New: Convert the route parser to a shared plugin / interface. Numerous fixes as a result of this.
- New: Numerous improvements to the compatability database, including changed signal sets where appropriate etc.
- New: Object property to crossfade between the day / night textures.
- Change: Use openAL Soft when on Windows.
- Fix: Max number of sound sources option not working correctly.
- Fix: Memory leak introduced by the new renderer.
- Fix: Camera motion would continue whilst in a dialog box when using the viewers.
- Fix: Animations on a train car using the Reversed property could be wrong.
- Fix: Error in WAV files with an invalid chunk size.
- Fix: Possible crash on Intel integrated GPUs when using the new renderer.
- Fix: Handle ATS.cfg files containing invalid extra data (comments etc.)
Critical Bugfix Release
- Fix: This fixes a crash with trains which have no defined point sounds.
- Fix: AnimatedWorldObjectStateSound not taking into account -1 state
- Change: Further tweaks to GL3.0 lighting model.
- Change: More aggressively kill the main form when closing under Linux.
- Fix: Variable brightness for a single texture not updated in some cases with GL3.0 renderer.
- Fix: Dynamic background transitions broken in GL1.2 renderer.
- Fix: The new renderer could accidentally be disabled with certain combinations of options.
- Fix: Route Viewer could crash after dragging / dropping a file on Mono.
- Fix: Route Viewer could get stuck loading under Mono.
- New: Add various alternate compatibility signal sets.
- Change: Improve lighting behaviour in the GL3.0 renderer.
- Change: Update pt-PT language file.
- Change: Update id-ID language file.
- Fix: Issue when passing section aspects to plugins.
- Fix: Make the AI behave better when driving a train with door interlocks.
- Fix: The pass alarm event location was incorrect when using a non-standard block length.
- Fix: Touch support broken in GL1.2 renderer.
- Fix: Crash when using a train with a digital gauge and no GL3.0 support.
- Fix: The cursor should reset to default when entering the in-game menu.
- Fix: Crash when typing a UNC path in the main menu,
- Fix: Typo in the locobrakepipe variable for Panel2
- Fix: Distance to the next station after a pass incorrect.
- Fix: The GL3.0 renderer did not handle objects with more than 65,535 vertices.
- Change: Improve lighting / fog interactions in the GL3.0 renderer.
- New: Add rendered event for Rail Sounds change when events overlay is active.
- New: Coupler objects displayed in Object Viewer.
- New: Add RouteLimit to the available functions for panels and animated objects.
- New: Use a different icon for disks at the root of the main menu under Windows.
- Change: Improve TrackFollowingObjects in certain cases.
- Change: Only flush the black-box log to disk once every 30s (Reduces disk writes and stutter in some cases)
- Change: Minor improvements to the original X parser.
- Change: The 'incorrect' lighting behaviour described here is used when hacks are active.
- Change: Update hu-HU, id-ID and zh-CN translations- Thanks!
- Change: Detect and warn when vertices are declared outside of a MeshBuilder, as this may produce unexpected consequences.
- Fix: Assimp X Parser didn't support global materials.
- Fix: Assimp X Parser failing to support exponent numbers.
- Fix: Glitch when using two rail commands in a block.
- Fix: Crash when creating a package, but no files were selected to package.
- Fix: Crash when attempting to install a package into a UAC protected directory as a non-elevated user.
- Fix: Crash when GL3.3 not supported by the system.
- Fix: Crash with a zero-byte sound.cfg file
- Fix: Rotational / projection matrix glitch in 3D cabs
- Fix: 3D cab incorrectly lit in the new renderer.
- Fix: An AI driver for the player train was limited by Route.Velocity
- Fix: An AI driver for a player train with air brakes bounced on the brakes at the terminal station.
- Fix: Certain animated objects could be missing or incorrectly disposed of.
- Fix: Newline bug when the default train was not found.
- Fix: Improve several further issues with the new renderer, and make this slightly faster again.
- Fix: Crash with a route containing a single station at which no trains were set to stop.
- Fix: Issues where a TFO was not found in the expected directory could either crash or cause unexpected behaviour.
- Fix: If a train contained mixed encodings, some could be read incorrectly.
- Fix: Changing the game mode without starting a new game didn't stick.
- Change: Shift rails to a dictionary based accessor. This should make some NYCTA content which uses extremly high rail numbers work a lot better.
- Change: Update pt-PT language file.
- New: Allow train.ai to be used as an alternative for trains which are not intended to be drivable.
- New: Allow the consist for TFOs to be reversed.
This is a maintenence release, aimed at improving the performance of the new renderer introduced in OpenBVE 18.104.22.168.
In most cases, it should now be either considerably faster than the old renderer, or at most a little slower.
Work is still ongoing in this regard, and there are hopefully more boosts in the pipeline.
It however introduces one new errata item concerning polygon lighting-
This is another relatively major release, primarily implementing the first version of a new openGL 3.1 renderer.
- New (optional) openGL 3.1 renderer.
- New: Improve the distance to next station display when the next station is not a stop.
- Fix: A train.dat file edited with Excel would not be recognised.
- Fix: Visibility broken for objects spanning more than one block in the reverse direction.