Jolt is a new PHP5.2+ and PHP5.3+ framework aimed at fast and efficient web app development. Originally named Artisan System, Jolt was renamed to be more concise and easier to speak. Many of the ideas of Artisan System will be used in Jolt, but a lot of new ideas will be implemented as well.
There are plenty of competent frameworks already in existence out there. So why am I building another one?
- I think some of the other frameworks are too large and get in the way of doing things.
- I enjoy programming and doing web development.
- I actually like PHP development and think you can build powerful stuff with it.
- There are few frameworks in the PHP5.3 world of things. Jolt will eventually work with PHP5.3 only features.
- I have a bit of NIH syndrome and like to write my own frameworks for building applications.
Jolt is hosted at Joltcore.org.
Issues and bugs can be found at http://issues.joltcore.org.
Wiki and documentation can be found at http://wiki.joltcore.org.
- Vic Cherubini email@example.com
- Leftnode Software, Inc. http://leftnodesoftware.com