Legalpage.org is a free web service to host your privacy, terms, imprint, and cookie pages (legal pages).
At the base of every legal page are markdown files. We have added a very simple placeholder syntax and a config.yaml file which can be used to customize the pages to your needs.
You're up and running with three simple steps:
Fork this repo, add a txt record to your domain and modify the config file.
- Because creating a legal page sucks.
- Host a good-looking legal page in seconds.
- Community-maintained templates.
- Give your user full transparency on updates.
Follow these steps to create your legal page:
1. Fork this repository
2. Verify ownership of your domain
Every legal page is bound to a domain.
To verify that you own a domain create a TXT record that points to your legal page repository.
Value: YOUR REPOSITORY URL (eg. https://github.com/legalpageorg/legalpage)
3. Modify the .md and the config.yaml files
You can freely modify the templates and even add additional pages and placeholders to your legal page.
Congrats your legal page is now available at (might take a few minutes):
Hi! I'm excited that you are interested in contributing to legalpage.org. Whether it's reporting an issue, updating the templates, or adding new languages, your help is welcome!
- Use https://github.com/legalpageorg/legalpage/issues/new to create new issues.
Pull Request Guidelines
masterbranch is just a snapshot of the latest stable release. All development should be done in dedicated branches. Do not submit PRs against the