Skip to content

Legesher Inc.

The translator for code - The bridge between the words we speak and the code we write.


💻 Code in any programming language using your native written language.

Programming with Legesher's dev tools empowers any developer to create without losing the art of innovation 💡, creativity 🎨, or collaboration 🤝 in translation.

Pull Requests Welcome First Timers Only

Contribute on Github chat on Discord follow on Instagram Subscribe on Mailchimp


Computer programming, as a global discipline, is predominantly English-based. However, only 4% of people in the world are native English speakers. Non-Native English Speakers (NNES) lack the support and resources to thrive mastering code in a foreign language. Legesher creates access for the other 96% of the world to code in the context of their native language.


Legesher is an open source collection of native-language based developer tools and resources designed for education, innovation, and collaboration.

Because innovation, creativity, and collaboration shouldn't be lost in translation

Legesher's products enable anyone to code in their native language. We built Legesher on top of VS Code, an open source text editor, and Git w/ GitHub, a version control tool, in order to give users as much of a personal invitation to programming as we could.

Legesher Projects

Project Purpose
tree-sitter-legesher-python Tree-sitter python grammar used by text editors allowing Legesher's languages to be implemented
language-legesher-python (ARCHIVED) Atom's programming language binding to allow syntax highlighting, code folding etc. to a specific grammar
legesher-python (COMING SOON) VS Code's programming language binding to allow syntax highlighting, code folding etc. to a specific grammar
legesher-translations Host and API of all the language translations for written languages for code keywords / concepts
legesher-dot-io Legesher's public website
legesher-docs Legesher's documentation hub. Will be transitioning to a documentation host soon.
legesher-pride A non-programmer's dream to contributing to open source by sharing what they know and learning what's new
legesher Git integration to collaborate with code and others in other languages

The Community

❤️ Legesher relies on the passionate members of its community (both developer and non-developer alike) to keep delivering impactful tools to people all over the world.

It is truly a blessing to be surrounded by a community of passionate, driven individuals who love sharing their gifts to creating better products together. Your contribution means the world to me, and keeps me motivated to continue creating. This wouldn't be possible without you. From the bottom of my heart, 💛 @madiedgar


Before contributing, be sure to consult Legesher's Contribution Guidelines and Language Translation Conventions. As a member of our community, you must abide by our Code Of Conduct.


  1. legesher-translations legesher-translations Public

    Home of all the translations for spoken languages into programming language

    JavaScript 53 109

  2. tree-sitter-legesher-python tree-sitter-legesher-python Public

    ✨ Legesher's Python grammar for Tree-Sitter 🌳

    JavaScript 44 38


Showing 8 of 8 repositories

Top languages


Most used topics