SimBenchmark is a project providing the reliable benchmark results of state-of-the-art physics engines used for contact simulation for various robotic tasks.
We evaluated the most widely-used physics engines for robotics and machine learning applications. The list of the engines is as follows:
- RaiSim (Jemin Hwangbo, Dongho Kang et al.)
- Bullet Physics
- Open Dynamics Engine
- Multi-Joint dynamics with Contact (a.k.a. MuJoCo)
- DART Sim
You can see the details in webpage.
SimBenchmark runs on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- RaiSim and MuJoCo is proprietary.
- Matlab R2018a is required for plotting (optional).
via Docker (recommended)
via bash script
- Run install.sh script by
- The dependencies are downloaded in
- To use visualization, add environmental variable "RAI_GRAPHICS_OPENGL_ROOT" that points to lib/raiGraphics
- download MuJoCo v.1.5 in lib directory
Test and Results
We designed the following tests for the evaluation
- Rolling test: friction model test
- Bouncing test: single-body elastic collision test
- 666 balls test: single-body hard contact test
- Elastic 666 balls test: single-body energy test
- ANYmal PD control test: articulated-robot-system speed test for quadrupedal robot
- Atlas PD control test: articulated-robot-system speed test for bipedal robot
- ANYmal momentum test: articulated-robot-system momentum test
- ANYmal energy test: articulated-robot-system energy test
Please see our webpage for more details.
- Note that this benchmark is done by Dongho Kang and Jemin Hwangho who are the developers of RaiSim.
- If you have any concern, please contact Dongho Kang