115th U.S. Congress Composition and Voting Record - Analysis and k-means Clustering
Exploring the 115th U.S. Congress' demographic profile and clustering members based on their voting records.
Congress' voting record data was compiled by Voteview.com.
Demographic data about members of Congress are available on Civil Services' Github repository.
- Python 3;
- Jupyter Notebook: an open-source web application to share documents that contain live code, visualizations and explanatory text;
- NumPy: a Python library for scientific computing;
- pandas: a Python library for data manipulation and analysis;
- scikit-learn: a Python machine learning library;
- matplotlib: a Python plotting library for data visualization;
- seaborn: a Python data visualization library based on matplotlib for attractive statistical data visualization;
- Shapely: a Python package for manipulation and analysis of planar geometric objects;
- GeoPandas: a Python library for geospatial data manipulation;
- Cartopy: a Python package for geospatial data processing and plotting.
To be able to run the notebooks, you'll first need to install the Python packages listed in requirements.txt:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Then, run Jupyter Notebook:
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details.