Loan-a-Book is an app that allow users to share their books and keep track of all the books they have loaned or borrowed. As a catalog, the app allows visitors to browse all available books before they decide to create an account. Once logged in an user is able to see the location of other users and their contact information so he/she can request to loan a book. Users can review the collection of their book, the books they have loaned to other users and the books they have borrowed from other users. Users receive notifications when a book return is due.
Technologies used (front end):
- HTML 5 / CSS 3
Technologies used (back end):
- Ruby, Rails
- As a visitor, I want to go on app and browse books
- As a visitor, I want to select a book and preview its details
- As an user, I want to add books to my collection.
- As an user, I want to loan my books to other users of the app.
- As an user, I want to be able to preview a list of all books i have loaned to other users.
- As an user, I want to be able to preview a list of all books i have borrowed from other users.
- As an user, I want to set reminder for book return.
- As an user, I want to receive notification when an user has to return my book to me.
- As an user, I want to receive notification when the date to return a book to another user is near.
- As an user, I want to change my user profile.
To be done:
- Add location to user preferences
- Add user preferences page under "Account settings" drop-down menu
- Add notification setting to user preferences
- Show notifications in UI when user logs in
Created for Project 2 in General Assembly Boston's Web Development Immersive course.