Fast decoder for VByte-compressed integers in C.
It includes fast differential coding.
We require x64 processors support SSE 4.1 or better. This includes virtually all x64 processors in service today, except for very old or specialized processors.
The code should build using most standard-compliant modern C compilers (C99). The provided makefile expects a Linux-like system.
See example.c for an example.
Short code sample:
size_t compsize = vbyte_encode(datain, N, compressedbuffer); // encoding // here the result is stored in compressedbuffer using compsize bytes size_t compsize2 = masked_vbyte_decode(compressedbuffer, recovdata, N); // decoding (fast)
Greg Bowyer has integrated Masked VByte into Lucene, for higher speeds :
- Daniel Lemire, Nathan Kurz, Christoph Rupp, Stream VByte: Faster Byte-Oriented Integer Compression, Information Processing Letters 130, February 2018, Pages 1-6 https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.08990
- Jeff Plaisance, Nathan Kurz, Daniel Lemire, Vectorized VByte Decoding, International Symposium on Web Algorithms 2015, 2015. http://arxiv.org/abs/1503.07387
- SIMDCompressionAndIntersection: A C++ library to compress and intersect sorted lists of integers using SIMD instructions https://github.com/lemire/SIMDCompressionAndIntersection
- The FastPFOR C++ library : Fast integer compression https://github.com/lemire/FastPFor
- High-performance dictionary coding https://github.com/lemire/dictionary
- LittleIntPacker: C library to pack and unpack short arrays of integers as fast as possible https://github.com/lemire/LittleIntPacker
- The SIMDComp library: A simple C library for compressing lists of integers using binary packing https://github.com/lemire/simdcomp
- StreamVByte: Fast integer compression in C using the StreamVByte codec https://github.com/lemire/streamvbyte
- CSharpFastPFOR: A C# integer compression library https://github.com/Genbox/CSharpFastPFOR
- JavaFastPFOR: A java integer compression library https://github.com/lemire/JavaFastPFOR
- Encoding: Integer Compression Libraries for Go https://github.com/zhenjl/encoding
- FrameOfReference is a C++ library dedicated to frame-of-reference (FOR) compression: https://github.com/lemire/FrameOfReference
- libvbyte: A fast implementation for varbyte 32bit/64bit integer compression https://github.com/cruppstahl/libvbyte
- TurboPFor is a C library that offers lots of interesting optimizations. Well worth checking! (GPL license) https://github.com/powturbo/TurboPFor
- Oroch is a C++ library that offers a usable API (MIT license) https://github.com/ademakov/Oroch