Fast decoder for VByte-compressed integers in C.
It includes fast differential coding.
It assumes a recent Intel processor (e.g., haswell) but should work with most x64 processors (supporting SSE instruction sets).
The code should build using most standard-compliant modern C compilers (C99). The provided makefile expects a Linux-like system.
See example.c for an example.
Short code sample:
size_t compsize = vbyte_encode(datain, N, compressedbuffer); // encoding // here the result is stored in compressedbuffer using compsize bytes size_t compsize2 = masked_vbyte_decode(compressedbuffer, recovdata, N); // decoding (fast)
Greg Bowyer has integrated Masked VByte into Lucene, for higher speeds :
- Daniel Lemire, Nathan Kurz, Christoph Rupp, Stream VByte: Faster Byte-Oriented Integer Compression, Information Processing Letters (to appear) https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.08990
- Jeff Plaisance, Nathan Kurz, Daniel Lemire, Vectorized VByte Decoding, International Symposium on Web Algorithms 2015, 2015. http://arxiv.org/abs/1503.07387
- SIMDCompressionAndIntersection: A C++ library to compress and intersect sorted lists of integers using SIMD instructions https://github.com/lemire/SIMDCompressionAndIntersection
- The FastPFOR C++ library : Fast integer compression https://github.com/lemire/FastPFor
- High-performance dictionary coding https://github.com/lemire/dictionary
- LittleIntPacker: C library to pack and unpack short arrays of integers as fast as possible https://github.com/lemire/LittleIntPacker
- The SIMDComp library: A simple C library for compressing lists of integers using binary packing https://github.com/lemire/simdcomp
- StreamVByte: Fast integer compression in C using the StreamVByte codec https://github.com/lemire/streamvbyte
- CSharpFastPFOR: A C# integer compression library https://github.com/Genbox/CSharpFastPFOR
- JavaFastPFOR: A java integer compression library https://github.com/lemire/JavaFastPFOR
- Encoding: Integer Compression Libraries for Go https://github.com/zhenjl/encoding
- FrameOfReference is a C++ library dedicated to frame-of-reference (FOR) compression: https://github.com/lemire/FrameOfReference
- libvbyte: A fast implementation for varbyte 32bit/64bit integer compression https://github.com/cruppstahl/libvbyte
- TurboPFor is a C library that offers lots of interesting optimizations. Well worth checking! (GPL license) https://github.com/powturbo/TurboPFor
- Oroch is a C++ library that offers a usable API (MIT license) https://github.com/ademakov/Oroch