This version marks a change in how Firefox and Thunderbird add-ons are handled.
Instead of an install button, add-on details pages now have a button (or link) that reads "View Version History." This link takes you to a new page, which lists the most recent versions of an add-on, and offers install, convert, and/or download buttons when appropriate. For example, for a Firefox extension, you can use this page to check whether older, non-WebExtensions versions exist, and try to install them.
The extension also includes its own alternate search page; click the link labeled "use the AMO Browsing extension to search" under AMO's search box. This type of search includes Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey extensions. (You can also keep using the search page on AMO if you prefer.)
This is a bugfix release:
- Don't offer to install the German language pack unless the version number lines up (same as with Lightning).
- Firefox add-on version history page: Non-WebExtensions versions should have the Get Firefox button properly replaced with a converter link.
- Added support for addons.thunderbird.net.
There are still known issues with the version history page. These will be resolved in version 0.10.0, which will have its own version of this page.
(Alpha 1 was skipped)
This is the first pre-release for a new version of the AMO Browsing add-on. For Firefox and Thunderbird add-on pages, instead of trying to check whether an add-on is SeaMonkey compatible, it directs you to a special Version History page - built into the extension - which shows you current and past-versions of the add-on, and the status (compatible/convertible/neither) for each one.
- A custom search page that includes extensions for Fx, TB, and SM (although you can also just use the normal one)
- Should support addons.thunderbird.net once that site is up and running
Changes from version 0.9.17.1 rc1:
- Firefox add-on versions page: Non-WebExtensions versions now have the Get Firefox button properly replaced with a converter link.
This is a bugfix release:
- Don't offer to install the German language pack unless the version number lines up (same as with Lightning)
- Improved support for the new/mobile AMO. This add-on now uses the AMO API to get information about past versions of an add-on and adds a relevant message to the details page.
- A link will be added to download the most recent SeaMonkey version, if there is any.
- Otherwise, the most recent version will be shown.
- If it's a legacy extension, a link to the converter will be added.
- If it uses WebExtensions, but an older legacy version is available, a link to the version history page will be added.
- Otherwise, AMO's API will be used to offer possible replacements. (This API is designed to offer WebExtensions replacements for legacy extensions; here we're using it in reverse.)
- On the old Firefox Add-ons site, the add-on details page will now show the same message that is shown on the new site. Users no longer have to click the button to check whether a SeaMonkey version is available.
- The AMO development environment (addons-dev.allizom.org) is now supported too.
I've updated the code for the new AMO page to only show one SeaMonkey-related link to the user, so they aren't confused with multiple options.
Also, this version also applies the same code to the old version of AMO (Firefox only), so the user doesn't have to click the button to check if a SeaMonkey version is available or not.