Create - On-site web editing interface
Create, from the Midgard Project, is a comprehensive web editing interface for Content Management Systems. It is designed to provide a modern, fully browser-based HTML5 environment for managing content. Create can be adapted to work on almost any content management backend.
Create.js is built on top for VIE, the semantic interaction library powered by Backbone.js. The widgets in Create.js itself are done with the jQuery UI tools.
- Making RDFa-annotated content on pages editable
- Managing collections of content (add, remove)
- Local, in-browser storage and retrieval of unsaved content
- Adaptable connector for communicating with the back-end system
- Running workflows (approval, etc.) for content items
- Browsing and reverting content history
- Easy rebranding of the interface with some CSS
Integrating Create with your CMS
Please refer to the Create.js Integration Guide.
- Adopt the Web Intents specification for better image and link handling
- Content annotation and auto-tagging with Apache Stanbol
- Wrapper for using Create inside Google Web Toolkit via VIE-GWT
- Hallo - distraction-free content editor (optionally, Aloha Editor)
- VIE - editable RDFa library
- Backbone.js - client-side management of models, views, and collections
- jQuery UI - widget and effect library
- Modernizr - HTML5 browser compatibility library
Use the supplied
$ cake build
You can also generate a minified version (requires uglifyjs):
$ cake min
- Introducing the Midgard Create user interface
- Using RDFa to make a web page editable
- Midgard Create and VIE presentation in the Aloha Editor conference
- Proposal for using Create as the reference UI in Symfony CMF
- CreateJS integration module for Drupal
- CreateJS Google Groups mailing list
#iksIRC channel on Freenode
Using Aloha Editor
- Download the latest version of Aloha Editor
- Extract the archive file and move the
alohadirectory into the
create/depsfolder -- check to have it like this:
- For more information about using Aloha Editor see the Aloha Editor Guides
Using Aloha Editor with Create is covered by Aloha's FOSS License Exception:
Aloha Editor’s Free and Open Source Software ("FOSS") License Exception allows developers of FOSS applications to include Aloha Editor with their FOSS applications. Aloha Editor is typically licensed pursuant to version 3 of the General Afero Public License ("AGPLv3"), but this exception permits distribution of Aloha Editor with a developer’s FOSS applications licensed under the terms of another FOSS license listed below [MIT license is included], even though such other FOSS license may be incompatible with the AGPLv3.
Running Unit Tests
Direct your browser to the
test/index.html file to run Create's QUnit tests.
Unit tests on Node.js
You need Node.js and NPM. Then just run:
$ npm install --dev $ npm test
Create uses Travis for continuous integration. Simply add your fork there and every time you push you'll get the tests run.