#Ghosts & Pac-Man
- Python 2.7 or above.
- Pygame (and its dependencies).
2.1. sudo apt-get install python-pygame, or
2.2. pip install pygame, or
2.3. Download the .whl (precompiled Python libraries) from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pygame.
How to Run Ghosts & Pac-Man
- Go to the "game" directory.
- Run "python ghosts_and_pacman.py" from the command line.
2.1. The game window will pop up with the game paused.
2.2. Press 'P' to start the game.
- Press 'P' at any point in the game to pause the game.
- Use the arrow keys to move Pac-Man.
4.1. Pac-Man is represented by the yellow block.
4.2. The Ghosts are represented by the red, orange, pink and blue
- Press 'S' to change the Ghosts' strategy at any point.
5.1. See "csc384-project.pdf" for more on the strategies.
- Press 'Esc' at any point to exit the game.
*. To run the game with a non-default miniMax search depth,
Run "python ghosts_and_pacman.py --minimax-depth=", where
is the search depth.
*.1. must be >= 3
*.2. only affects the "Minimax" and "Minimax + BFS" strategies.
*.3. If minimax-depth is not specified, defaults to 9.
Notes on running on UofT cdf
- The default Python version (2.7) should be able to run the game.
1.1. Just follow the instructions above.
- Only the default Python installation has Pygame installed. "Python3" for instance should not be able to run the game.