SuperFish Removal Utility
SuperFish was pre-installed on a limited group of Lenovo branded notebooks beginning September, 2014. Lenovo recommends removing SuperFish and the SuperFish certificates from all systems.
This utility will completely analyze your system for this problem and remove the SuperFish application, associated registry entries, files and security certificates, if needed.
- Uninstall Superfish application ( %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Lenovo\VisualDiscovery\uninstall.exe)
- Removal of Root certificate within Trusted Root Certification Authorities ("Superfish, Inc")
- Removal of Root certificate within Firefox and Thunderbird certificate stores ("Superfish, Inc")
- Removal of remaining registry items under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VisualDiscovery
- Removal of remaining .ini and .log files
This tool can be run from command line. From an Admin CMD prompt and run the following:
start /w Lenovo.SuperFishRemovalTool.exe /silent
This reports the same status as the GUI and returns a non-zero error level on failure.
Network Security Services (NSS)
NSS is an open source library provided by Mozilla that is necessary to remove the Superfish certificate from the Firefox and Thunderbird certificate store instances. The NSS toolset is included in this project.