HTML5 Reset WordPress Theme
July 3 Update
I spent some time cleaning up stray code, nothing major this time around. Thanks to everyone who is keeping tabs on development and providing input!
As a note: HTML5 Reset is installed with the latest version of WordPress here for example purposes.
May 15 Update
Localization should be complete and all pull requests have been eliminated - this puppy is taking shape! Keep an eye on this space for more tweaks soon.
March 30 Update
"Hmm, Upgrades." -- Neo
We're rolling along with the first set of changes! Consider this a "beta" release, as some of the new functions are still very raw and easily breakable. I hope that this gives everyone a good idea for how this theme will be taking shape as we move forward. The biggest addition is the amazing Options Framework by @devinsays. This will help us keep track of the meta information and other small pieces that clutter up the head unless in use.
Stay tuned for more updates and please continue to comment if you have any issues!
March 21 Update
Good news! WordPress developer and all around good guy CK Hicks (@ckhicks) has offered to help me out (read as: do the WordPress work I'm incapable of) with getting these files up to date!
March 20 Update
The main HTML5 Reset repo has finally been updated, but I'm unqualified to update the WordPress theme at this point. I would gladly take suggestions on what should be done with it.
The HTML5 Reset WordPress theme is a blank theme based on the HTML5 Reset templates. It's a great empty slate upon which to build your own HTML5-based WordPress themes.
In addition to all the standard WordPress elements and classes, we have added the code required so that the single post template conforms with the hNews microformat.
HTML5 Reset brings to the table:
- A style sheet designed to strip initial files from browsers, meaning you start off with a blank slate.
- Easy to customize -- remove whatever you don't need, keep what you do.
- Analytics and jQuery snippets in place
- Meta tags ready for population
- Empty mobile and print style sheets, including blocks for device orientation
- Modernizr.js http://www.modernizr.com/ enables HTML5 compatibility with IE (and a dozen other great features)
- IE-specific classes for simple CSS-targeting
- iPhone/iPad/iTouch icon snippets
- Lots of other keen stuff...