The website design is just a modification of Jon Barron's website and is converted for my own use, re-purposing my old markdown posts. Feel free to use template for your own purposes, but please respect copyright for all the images/content in my
- In general, jekyll will try to build a full page for every post. I skip that by forcing
permalink: /. This creates multiple entries in sitemap.xml for index.html but is otherwise fine.
- If you want multiple paragraphs, consider using
_config.yml, for my own use I didn't need this.
- My own posts have lots of extra stuff left over from my old jekyll design ("author", long descriptions, etc.), feel free to ignore them
- I use thumbnails, so I can upload arbitrary sized images but then only display small ones. The
_make_thumbnails.shscript generates them and the html template looks in
tn/for all images.
- I have three categories of post with slightly differerent formatting, so changing sizing requires edits in multiple paces.
- If you use this, I'd appreciate a link back either to this repo or my personal website so others can find this too.