Shibashiba MOAI Build
What is this?
This is a hacked version of MOAI 1.1. We use this specicically in Shibashiba because MOAI 1.2 was pretty broken and we couldn't afford to upgrade to the latest.
What's in this?
- Additional support for Game Center in MOAI iOS build.
- Setup and additional support for FMOD including BG music with loop points and bug fixes.
- Other patches from MOAI >= 1.2.
Building for OSX/iOS.
The MOAI build uses three Xcode projects to build the source. They are set up and configured in Xcode, but to actually compile, it works (oh so much better) to run the build scripts from the command line.
You can build the projects with the ./build\.sh* scripts at the root of this project. Once you build a product, you can run the ./open\.sh* scripts to open the path to where it builds the products.
You'll find all the build stuff in ./xcode/. The project in ./xcode/osx is used to build the OSX host and this project references ./xcode/libmoai, which is the MOAI source code static library. The ./xcode/ios build is NOT used. You simply use the products/targets that are built from the libmoai project. More on that below. The FMOD src code is also linked in all the Xcode projects. The source files can be found in ./FMOD.
Building the OSX host.
buildosx.shfrom the command line. This cleans the project and then rebuilds it. If you are just making tweaks to one file, a clean may not be necessary, but it is quick and safe, so it is encouraged.
- Wait a while.
- If no errors, run openosx.sh from the command line.
- From the path that opens, copy moai/macosx/Release/moai and moai-fmod/macosx/Release/moai-fmod binaries to the Shibashiba build (one without -fmod is the untz build) in bin/osx.
cd into bin/osx and run the following command:
install_name_tool -change ./libfmodex.dylib @executable_path/libfmodex.dylib moai-fmod
Building the iOS binaries.
buildios.shfrom the command line. This cleans the project and then rebuilds it. If you are just making tweaks to one file, a clean may not be necessary, but it is quick and safe, so it is encouraged.
- Wait a while.
- If no errors, run
openios.shfrom the command line.
- copy the four arch folders (i386, armv7, armv7s, universal) to bin/ios in the Shibashiba project.
Build for Android.