A collection of command-line programs for modeling the gravitational potential, acceleration, and gradient tensor. Tesseroids supports models and computation grids in Cartesian and spherical coordinates.
Official website and documentation: http://tesseroids.leouieda.com/
DOI for this release: http://dx.doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.16033
Changes for version 1.2.0:
Minor release for bug fixes:
- General improvements to the adaptive discretization (described in the
upcoming method paper).
- Better error messages when there is a stack overflow (computation point too
close to the tesseroid).
- Replace the recursive algorithm with a stack-based algorithm for adaptive
discretization of tesseroids. This makes the computations faster, specially
for gravity acceleration and gradient tensor components.
- Divide the tesseroids only along the necessary dimensions. This provides
speedups when dealing with flattened or elongated tesseroids.
- Speedup tesseroid computations by moving some trigonometric functions out of
- BUG fix: Singularities when calculating around a prism. Due to wrong quadrant
returned by atan2 and log(0) evaluations. Fix by wrapping atan2 in a
safe_atan2 that corrects the result. log(0) error happened only in cross
components of the gravity gradient when the computation is aligned with the
vertices of a certain face (varies for each component. Fix by displacing the
point a small amount when that happens.