Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
This release contains mostly bug fixes and a new parts library, no notable new features were added.
- 267 new parts added.
- Added support for cylindrical and spherical texmap.
- Support dragging colors from the color palette to paint pieces.
- Fixed inventory import on Linux and macOS.
- Fixed small rendering issue on some parts.
- Fixed part names not updating after its file changed on disk.
- Fixed parts inside mpd files not drawing.
- Fixed pan not working when the center of the model is behind the camera.
- Prevent mouse shortcuts from overriding overlay actions.
- Fixed moving the pivot point of rotated pieces.
- Fixed case where Remove View was removing the wrong view.
Version 18.01 (15/1/2018)
- Simplified toolbars.
- Added new piece free movement mode.
- Added option to import set inventories from Rebrickable.
- Added new Render Dialog to replace the old POV-Ray Dialog.
- Added new piece selection modes (select by color, part or both).
- Added COLLADA exporter.
- Added option for alternate mouse shortcuts with defaults that match LDD.
- Added wireframe view option.
- Added Shift+LMB shortcut to remove selection.
- Added a progress dialog at startup while LeoCAD is scanning folders for parts.
- Remember previous view layout when loading a file.
- Fixed saving images with multisampling.
- Fixed unresponsive UI while loading complex primitives.
- Fixed POV-Ray camera not matching LeoCAD.
- Fixed part names being changed to uppercase when saving files.
- Fixed Minifig Wizard hand accessories orientation.
- Replaced 10 degrees angle snap with 22.5 degrees.
LeoCAD for Windows and macOS now include POV-Ray for easier rendering without any extra setup. Linux users should refer to their distribution for how to install POV-Ray:
You can now import set inventories from Rebrickable:
Version 17.07 (3/7/2017)
- Added shaded rendering option.
- Added option to import files from LEGO Digital Designer.
- Added 'Select by Color' dialog.
- Added new command line options: --viewpoint, --orthographic, --camera and --model.
- Added 'Duplicate Piece' action.
- Replaced HTML parts list table at the end of the instructions with an image.
- Synthesize power functions linear actuators.
- Support loading parts from the 'unofficial' LDraw folder.
- Support loading textures from the same folder of the model being loaded.
- Fixed AA setting not being applied to the first view.
- Fixed stud grid color option not working.
- Fixed part highlight option not working.
- Fixed loading files with non latin characters in their names.
- Fixed color alpha when exporting Wavefront obj files.
This version adds an option to draw models with a slight shading instead of the flat look from previous versions. You can see the difference in the following picture, the new mode is on the left and the old one on the right:
To enable the new mode go to the Preferences Dialog, Rendering tab and check the 'Enable Lighting' box.
Version 17.02 (12/2/2017)
- New parts list widget.
- Faster model loading.
- Updated parts library.
- Fixed issues saving images from the command line.
- Crash fixes.
The main new feature in this release is a new parts list widget. The list has been updated to preview multiple parts at the same time instead of only showing one part at a time.
There are many options to customize how the list looks, they can be accessed by right clicking on the list.
Note: The application version numbers never had much meaning in the past, so from now on they will be based on the date of the release (year.month).
Version 0.83.2 (2/12/2016)
- Improved loading of files in the same folder as the current model.
- Better piece insert position calculation.
- Open files when they are dropped on the main window.
- Fixed a crash on startup in some cases (Windows).
Version 0.83.1 (13/8/2016)
- Search the current path for submodels when opening files.
- Optimizations for loading very large models.
- Added option to control which models to export to HTML.
- Fixed incorrectly localized numbers.
- Fixed the position of rotated objects in the properties pane.
- Fixed HTML export of models with only 1 step.
- Fixed context menu not showing in some cases.
- Fixed loading flex pieces without control points.
- Fixed loading pieces with more than 64k verts.
- Fixed Minifig Wizard crash.
Version 0.83 (14/5/2016)
- Added support for dynamically generated parts (Technic Ribbed Hoses, Flexible Axles, Braided Strings and Shock Absorbers).
- Added option for specifying the pivot point of a piece (Drag the movement arrows with the Right Mouse Button).
- Submodels now open in a separate tab on the main window.
- Configurable mouse shortcuts.
- Added more context menu options.
- Allow changing multiple pieces at the same time using the properties widget.
- Better piece rotation.
Version 0.82.2 (14/11/2015)
- Added Portuguese and French translations.
- Added new toolbar and menu icons.
- Mouse buttons 4 and 5 can now be used for navigating steps.
- Added total parts to the Properties Dialog.
- Fixed POV-Ray command line.
- Fixed Timeline not updating correctly in some cases.
Version 0.82 (4/4/2015)
Added Timeline toolbar to show what parts were added at each step.
Added support for drawing triangles and lines in model files.
Preserve original file comments when saving.
Added Wavefront and 3DS export command line options.
Better pan tool sensitivity.
Improved zoom extents and zoom region.
Fixed MPD loading bugs.
Fixed Minifig Wizard crash.
Fixed waist accessory selection in the Minifig Wizard.
Fixed saving images from the command line.
Fixed mouse wheel in Qt5.
Fixed line width not being set for edge lines.
Fixed option to disable drawing lines.
Fixed steps and keyframes not saving correctly.